Grilled Ostrich Steak w/ Parsley Mustard Butter
- 2 Ostrich steaks - if frozen given them 2 days to defrost
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp corn starch salt & pepper
- 1/5 cup butter
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, white pepper powder and corn starch.
- Marinade the Ostrich steaks with the sauce mixture and rub the steaks throughout with the sauce.
- In a small pot, melt the butter first before it browns. Then add in parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mustard and cook for another 1 minute.
- Oil the grilling pan well. Heat the pan at high temperature until it smokes.
- When the pan is ready, slightly turn the temperature down. Place the ostrich steaks on the pan and cook each side for about 3 minutes - for a 3/4 inch steak.
- When the steaks are cooked, place them on a serving plate and add on the butter mixture to serve.